Sunday, November 15, 2015

                                                                            Water
Watching this film taught me a little bit about India and drew my attention to how widows there are treated. I had no idea that the widows were sent off to live with each other and were humiliated by having to shave their heads and live like that. It amazed me to see how strongly these women believed in their religion, despite the way that it treated them. It was both beautiful and disturbing at the same time to me; that people could believe so strongly in their faith and taboos, but I can't imagine not sticking up for myself and abiding to those rules that treated me like garbage.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    I totally understand how you feel in regard to these women on how strong their faith is despite how they are treated when widowed. It's definitely a different perspective. I wonder if they feel the same towards us who become widowed yet don't get treated the same way they do--punished? If that makes sense?

    Jessica A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still feel the same after watching this film three times. Its make me sad how other human can even treat them like they're not human. Also to how they feel about themselves and treat themselves too. It's like the DiDi in charge of the widow's house said, once their husband are dead they too are consider dead.

    -Kia Lee

    ReplyDelete